The person filling this role will have one primary job responsibility: working as a trauma-informed therapist with children, adolescents and families to reduce symptoms after a traumatic event using evidence-based modalities of therapy and assessments to inform treatment. They will report to the Program Director, work on a team with other therapists, and work closely with forensic interviewers, family support advocates, and multidisciplinary partners. Work Schedule: 32 hours per week (eligible for benefits). 40 hours per week is also an option, so please let us know if that is your preference. Location: Longmont and Boulder offices (near Roosevelt Park and near Folsom & Iris, respectively).
To support children and adolescents as they heal from traumatic events; to foster healing and growth in families during times of crisis.
- Provide direct crisis services to primary and secondary victims of child abuse.
- Provide trauma-informed individual and group therapy services to children, non-offending caregivers, adults, and families.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Blue Sky Bridge and within the community.
- Collaborate and communicate within the team, across Blue Sky Bridge teams, and across disciplines to further the mission of Blue Sky Bridge.
- Facilitate bilingual support groups for non-offending caregivers.
- Provide testimony in child abuse cases, if needed.
- Receive ongoing training in trauma-informed best practices.
- Assist with intake, staffing and referral processes.
- Support other therapists working with Blue Sky Bridge, and our therapist guild.
- Attend and represent BSB at community outreach events, fundraising events, and other community engagement activities, as needed.
- Provide case support, as needed.
- Respond to crisis calls, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
BLUE SKY BRIDGE VALUES
- Kids first- the center of our work is the core value of serving children first.
- Strive for Excellence- in personal work performance, ability to collaborate across departments and agencies, providing the best care for our clients. Learning, growing, and taking healthy risks.
- Honor Wellness- a vibrant, resilient staff that enjoys coming to work and actively demonstrates their personal wellness strategies. Actively seeking ways to deal with the trauma that enters the building every day.
- Healthy Human Interactions- respect and dignity in action.
- All are welcome and Included- a full spectrum of demographic differences, as well as perspectives, personality, and opinions will make us stronger and more effective as an organization.
- Master’s degree in a Clinical Field (imminent graduates are invited to apply).
- Current licensure, or working towards clinical licensure in Colorado, with outside clinical supervision in place.
- Ability to speak & write both English and Spanish, fluently.
- Clinical experience with children and families (will consider practicum experience).
- Ability to work well with children.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines throughout the organization.
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and phone skills.
- Attentive learner.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Physically able to move between buildings, lift 20lbs, and go up and down stairs.
- Experience providing TF-CBT (Trauma Focused - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and/or EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy).
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments and cultural humility.
- Awareness of, and strategies for coping with, stress and/or vicarious trauma.
- Confidence to express your thoughts, and reflective receptivity to feedback.
- Understanding of child maltreatment.
- Thorough understanding of sexual assault and child abuse issues.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization.
- Crisis management experience.
- Experience working in a Child Advocacy setting.
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations.
- Detail-oriented & organized.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Blue Sky Bridge is committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. This position is salaried, with a starting range of $42,000 – $50,000 depending upon experience.
- Paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/Life and AD&D, Parental Leave, Wellness Benefits, and Training opportunities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To apply for this position, please provide your cover letter, resume, and references.
- For more information, visit our website at blueskybridge.org.
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.